Join Tom Bump and his guest, Jason Tilley (www.ministryaccelerator.org)
as they discuss how any leader can unlock creativity to solve any challenge they face in ministry.
Q1 So why is it that leaders can struggle with Creativity?
Q2: What can a leader do to get that Creativity back or stir it up inside of them?
Believe you are creative.
- We are made in the image of a creative God and are therefore creative in our own right.
- Believing a lie that you are not creative is a surefire way to keep it locked up.
Q3: So we work on our belief system to embrace the God-given creativity: where does one start?
Define the Problem
- Make observations
- Ask questions- Why does this happen?
*Get to the root.-
Q4: Sometimes it can feel overwhelming our outside our comfort zones to lead creatively, what do I need to do to make sure I’m moving forward?
*God-sized problems take God-sized solutions.
Assemble a team- doesn’t have to be staff-
Q5: So I’ve looked at a problem and have a good grasp on it, I’ve started defining the challenge I have and start observing some causes and maybe even solutions. I’ve started gathering some others who have gifts to help, what next?
Find Your Solution
- A process by which the group finds a solution they want to try
- Constraints and Context
Q6- this can seem very overwhelming to leaders especially if they struggle with having any help, what encouragement can you give?
- Prototype and iterate until you are happy with your solution
Make a Choice
- Pivot or persevere.
- Do I want to keep trying or is it time to look for a new solution?